Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cyrus (2010)


I was really looking forward to finally watching "Cyrus."  I remember it being touted as one of the funniest films of the year and reading about all the critical acclaim.  I was a little let down when I watched this movie.  John C. Reilly plays a divorced man who is a little too attached to his ex-wife.  He meets Marisa Tomei, a single mother who is a little too attached to her twenty-something son.  The two hit it off and start a romance, but Cyrus, the spoiled and strange son gets in the way.  He sabotages the relationship from day one.  There were some funny moments, but most of the time, I just found Cyrus creepy.  I love Marisa Tomei, but she isn't in too many great films.  Because of the let-down and the more creepy than funny feel of this film, I have to give it only 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment