Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)


I thoroughly enjoyed the first three installments in the Pirates of the Caribbean series.  I went and saw "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in 3D.  This film was definitely worth seeing in 3D unlike several of the others I have paid more to see recently.  It had all the classic elements of the first three films with Johnny Depp's great flair as Captain Jack Sparrow.  This installment had less elements of the supernatural, but told the story of Blackbeard.  Penelope Cruz played Blackbeard's daughter and Jack's former flame.  The story involves the search for the Fountain of Youth and Ponce de Leon's ship.  Along the way, they encounter mermaids and other adventures.  I very much enjoyed the film, even more so than most of the sequels, but nothing compares to the original.

I give it 3 ½ out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment