Sunday, November 20, 2011

Vertigo (1958)


I recently watched "Vertigo" again with my husband.  "Vertigo" is the first Hitchcock film I ever saw, and it still remains one of my favorites.  James Stewart plays a detective who has been afraid of heights since one of his police colleagues fell to his death.  He retired from duty and was hired by a friend to follow his wife.  The friend is convinced that the wife is possessed by a dead woman.  As the detective follows the wife around San Francisco, the plot thickens and the details get weirder.  The film has a lot of plot twists and deals with tricks of the mind.  This psychological thriller always leaves you guessing until the very end.  I recommend this film for anyone, especially Hitchcock fans.
It gets 4 ½ out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment