Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)


Speaking of the Netflix film that sat on my shelf for weeks, I finally decided to watch "Prince of Persia" last night.  Aside from being incredibly busy over the last few weeks, I think I was avoiding this movie due to all the bad press it received when it was in the theatres.  Sure, it was not a good as the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, but it was still a pretty good movie.  Like most Disney films, this one also revolved around a plot that involves a little magic.  In this case, Jake Gyllenhaal plays an adopted prince of Persia who discovers a magic weapon that has the ability to turn back time.  He goes off on an adventure with a princess to try to keep the weapon out of the hands of those who wish to do evil.  The acting was not terrific throughout the film, which was surprising considering my love of most of Gyllenhall's films.  However, it was entertaining and fun to watch.  I give this film 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment