Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Town (2010)


Ben Affleck's film "The Town" is one of those that had been so hyped up that it was somewhat of a let down to me.  It was still a better than average film.  The movie was about a bunch of bank robbers in Boston and it followed their crime sequences as well as their depressing lives.  The acting was terrific, Ben Affleck's directorial debut was outstanding, but the film dragged at times.  I had anticipated more action sequences, but the film really focused on the relationships of the bank robbers.  As a result, the film left me feeling a little depressed.  Overall, it was a great film that was well done with a lot of character development, but the genre just wasn't really my type.  I give it 3 ½ out of 5 stars, though I suspect that most people would enjoy the film more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment