Sunday, November 7, 2010

Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill (1999)


In case you don't know, Eddie Izzard is the British transvestite (executive version) comedian.  I remember first seeing "Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill" when I was in college, and I cracked up through the whole routine with my roommate.  My husband and I watched this again last night, and it was just as funny.  He makes fun of Brits as well as Americans and their obsession with guns.  He also picks on the lack of knowledge history by most Americans.  He makes statements about politics, including the European Union and President Clinton.  I will warn you that this routine is not for the easily offended.  However, it is so funny and relevant even when watched ten years later.  Because it is one of the funniest stand-up routines I have ever seen, this gets 4 ½ out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment