Monday, November 1, 2010

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)


I found "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" to be very disturbing when I first saw it in high school, and it has only become mildly less disturbing with time.  I understand that it is a cult classic, but I really am repulsed by a lot of the film.  There are a couple good songs thrown into the musical, but the plot really disappears as the film progresses and becomes more and more about weirdos dressed up in racy attire.  It's not at all scary except for having to see Tim Burton as a transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania.  The recent homage to the film on "Glee" made me watch it with my husband, but I'll never make that mistake again.  It gets 2 ½ out of 5 stars simply because it was groundbreaking and edgy when it came out in 1975.

No comments:

Post a Comment