Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Favor (1994)


Thanks to Netflix and a Friday night in, I watched "The Favor".  I remembered seeing bits and pieces of it years ago on television, but didn't remember the whole story so I gave it another shot.  It's a very quirky romantic comedy about a woman who has been married for ten years, but has been fantasizing about her boyfriend from high school.  She sent her single gal pal out to sleep with him so she could report what happened to him after all those years.  Things get even more complicated when the husband feels his wife is having an affair, the gal pal becomes pregnant, and there's another guy thrown into the mix.  The case features some familiar faces like Bill Pullman, Elizabeth McGovern, Harley Jane Kozak, and a very young Brad Pitt.  Like I said, it's a goofy romcom with a few funny moments, but I probably won't watch it again.  It gets 3 out of 5 stars for the laughs it did provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment