Sunday, May 1, 2011

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work (2010)


"Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work" was a well-done documentary.  I must admit that I didn't know too much about Joan Rivers aside from her plastic surgery and fashion commentary before watching the film.  After viewing the documentary, I had a real appreciation for her work effort and her family life.  The inside look showed just how many jokes she has written and how influential her comedy career has been to modern female comediennes.  I really enjoyed the film and got to see how edgy her jokes were when she was first starting her career.  Underneath the cattiness and alleged ego, there lies an insecure woman still struggling to work after her long career.  I will continue to watch her funny quips when they appear on various television stations.  I give this documentary 3 ½ out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment