Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mansfield Park (1999)


I just finished watching "Mansfield Park," which is based on Jane Austen's work.  I am a huge fan of Austen and the new version of "Pride & Prejudice" is one of my favorite movies.  The story in "Mansfield Park" was so intriguing and drew me in right from the beginning.  I really enjoyed the fast-paced drama and the romantic twists and turns in this film.  It was very well done.  The story might even be one of my new favorite Austen stories.  The strength of the female heroine was overwhelming and I respected her throughout the film.  The film starts by following a poor young girl with a fantastic imagination who is sent to live with a wealthy aunt.  She is not treated as an equal at the estate, but she grows intelligent and beautiful, and she develops her own opinions.  I really did enjoy this film.
It gets 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment