Friday, May 27, 2011

Like Water for Chocolate (Como Agua para Chocolate) (1993)


I had heard about the foreign film "Like Water for Chocolate" for many years.  I finally got around to watching this film produced in Mexico just this week.  The entire movie is in Spanish, but I had to watch the subtitles because I took French in high school.  Even though I had to watch the subtitles throughout the film, I was always engaged and interested in the story.  The story is about forbidden love between Tita and Pedro in the early 20th century.  The story has many twists and turns and follows a mother and her three daughters throughout their lives.  I enjoyed the plot, but there are several references to the supernatural and ghost appearances.
The movie was very good, very passionate, and quite heartbreaking.  This movie gets 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment