Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Boys Season 4 Finale


"My Boys" is one of my favorite summer series, as I mentioned previously.  A lot of shows are doing the double episode season finale, and "My Boys" was not exempt.  I very much enjoyed the season finale, but I'm hoping that it's not the series finale.  The writers did wrap up the package very neatly at the end of the season, and TBS has yet to renew the series, but it would be a real shame if they ended it now.

In case you don't know, "My Boys" follows female Chicago sportswriter PJ (played by Jordana Spiro) and her group of male buddies.  To counteract the bunch, she has a super girlie best friend Steph.  With the absecnce of Jim Gaffigan this season, the humor shifted, but the show was still very funny.  The season finale did not disappoint, and (SPOILER ALERT), the episode did end with a wedding.  I will not say who got married at the end of the show.

I hope that "My Boys" returns for a fifth season.  The characters have all matured and are very well-developed at this point, but there are still many places they could each go.  Let's hope that TBS decides to renew this gem of a sitcom rather than moving to more reality television.

No comments:

Post a Comment