Saturday, September 18, 2010

Only You (1994)


"Only You" is a movie that I remembered seeing bits and pieces of throughout my childhood, but I finally sat down and watched it from start to finish the other night.  I was not disappointed.  While the plot is a little loopy even for a romantic comedy, Robert Downey Jr., Marissa Tomei, and Bonnie Hunt really made a great production.  If you can get past all the talk about desinty and fate, the movie is a touching story that follows Tomei as she looks for true love and Hunt as she debates the fate of her marriage.  Most of the movie is set in Italy, which results in beautiful landscapes, funny Italian gigalo portrayals, and so much more.  This was a very heart-warming romantic comedy that I could watch again.  It gets 3 ½ out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment