Sunday, March 20, 2011

Persuasion (1995)


I was in a bit of a Jane Austen kick, so I watched "Persuasion" next.  I have the book checked out from the library to read this week.  This is supposed to be Jane Austen's romance story for adults.  The story features a woman who had turned down an engagement eight years prior and then runs into the same man again later.  They try to avoid each other amid all the other romantic couplings occurring around them and then wonder throughout the film if they were meant to be together, and if they could ever get past that disappointment many years earlier.  The film was well done, but I wished that there had been more banter between the two main characters and less about the stories of the other girls in the film who seemed to be much more self-centered.  Overall, the film gets 3 ½ out of 5 stars.  I imagine that I will enjoy the book more because there will probably be more about the romantic story between Anne and the Captain.



No comments:

Post a Comment