Monday, March 21, 2011

The Six Wives of Henry Lefay (2009)


What can I say about "The Six Wives of Henry Lefay?"  I suppose I only watched it because it was available in my Netflix Instant Queue.  I didn't expect much from this Tim Allen movie about a philanderer who dies and has six wives or exes fighting over the funeral, but it could have been better.  Elisha Cuthbert did a terrible job playing Lefay's only daughter.  The most appalling thing about the film was the main character's lack of remorse about his marrying ways and the fact that he would be sleeping with ex wives and proposing to new women all while still married.  There were some funny moments when the exes were fighting over funeral arrangments and got manipulative, but overall the movie was a flop.  I was very surprised to see Andie MacDowell and S. Epatha Merkerson in such a film, but Jenna Elfman did a great job as one of the crazy exes.  Overall, I'd recommend passing on this movie if you get the chance to watch it.  I'll give it 2 ½ out of 5 stars because it did make me laugh a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment