Friday, March 25, 2011

St. Trinian's (2007)


St. Trinian's is a British comedy featuring Colin Firth and Rupert Everett.  It sounds great, right?  Trust me, it's not.  This has to be Academy Award Winner Colin Firth's worst movie.  The movie centers around a school of misfits who are led by a strange headmistress (who is actually played by a man in the film).  The students are more creepy than funny or empowering.  When the girls find out their school might close and they'd have to go to a real school to learn, quit dressing like hookers, and quit drinking during the day, they plan a heist to raise money and save the school.  There were a few clever twists, and Colin Firth was funny as the education minister, but overall the film was a dud.  I was very disappointed.  Perhaps I am scoring the film too harshly because I am let down by a bad Colin Firth film, but perhaps I am not.  The appearance of Russell Brand and Mischa Barton should have tipped me off as well.  It gets 2 ½ out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment