Monday, August 30, 2010

The Back-up Plan (2010)


"The Back-up Plan" is the latest Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy.  I went into it with low expectations, but I still found myself disappointed.  My husband thought it was one of the worst movies he had ever seen, but I wouldn't rank it that low.  Afterall, I did laugh several times, and there were several cute scenes with animals.  However, the plot was somewhat unbelievable (even for a romantic comedy).  The premise is that two people meet by accident, and then the guy decides he will devote himself to a commitment phobic woman who has artificially inseminated herself.  The acting was also subpar.  I guess I'm disappointed with this film mainly because there were a couple of interesting supporting characters who were funny, but were often left out of the spotlight.  This film gets 2 ½ out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment