Thursday, August 26, 2010

Melissa & Joey


Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but I'm really enjoying the new sitcom on ABC Family, "Melissa & Joey."  I've never watched a sitcom on this channel, but this new show is an updated version of the classic "Who's the Boss?" starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence.  I used to watch Melissa Joan Hart in Nickelodeon's "Clarissa Explains It All," but most would know her from the more recent "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch."  Joey Lawrence was on another show from my childhood, "Blossom."  In this updated version, Melissa Joan Hart plays a local politician who is currently raising her nephew and niece.  Joey Lawrence was recently divorced and out of a job, so he moved in and became the manny.  The jokes on the show can be corny (it is ABC Family), but overall I've liked the episodes that have aired so far.  I recommend this show if you enjoyed the Tony Danza original series or if you really enjoy sitcoms where a guy and a girl pretend to dislike eachother when you know there's more that will probably surface later.

No comments:

Post a Comment