Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Reality Television

I revealed my top five picks for summer television, but there are several reality shows that I watch, and they warrant their own list.

1. Teen Mom - MTV

The reality show that follows up teen mothers from "16 & Pregnant" is back in its second season.  I admit that watching this show is somewhat like watching a trainwreck, but I'm addicted.  This show has given me a lot of insight.  I should warn you, though, that it can be depressing.

2. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List - Bravo

This two-time Emmmy winner is back on Bravo and is as hillarious as ever.  Kathy is great, but her mom Maggie often steals the show.  Maggie reminds me of my own grandmother in some ways.  In my favorite episode so far, Kathy met up with Levi Johnston (Bristol Palin's baby daddy) in Alaska and trouble ensued.

3. Cake Boss - TLC

Buddy is back with his bakers in his second season.  This show is fun to watch just for all the Jersey and Italian family references.  The cakes he produces are amazing works of art, but the crazy family behind the scenes really makes this show.

4. 19 Kids and Counting - TLC

This may come as a surprise to many.  I started watching this show when there were several less children just because I was appalled that one family could have so many kids and name them all beginning with the letter 'J' no less.  At first I started watching to gawk at their extremely conservative values, but the drama with baby Josie and her medical issues has really softened my heart this season and made the family much more human and likeable in my eyes.

5. Bridezillas - WE

This show is definitely going downhill.  I'm not really sure where they find these brides.  Most of their antics are way over the top, but sometimes it is funny to watch how trashy they can be.  This was a favorite of mine when I was engaged because I had evidence to show my future husband that I was not that bad.  Now, we just wince in pain at the thought of the guy who actually says 'I do' to these bridezillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment